Students are held accountable for the probes in both cases, not the amount of time spent with the eBook. This brief overview video provides a glimpse into SmartBook 2.0 from both the instructor and the student experience. You’ll see how students work through their assignments and are provided with immediate feedback and strategies to improve their learning. On the instructor side, you’ll learn how SmartBook 2.0 provides insights to guide teaching strategies, resulting in a more dynamic class experience. Give your students what they need SmartBook – a personalized learning experience they can now access on their smartphones or tablets with the free ReadAnywhere app.
SmartBook uses four stages – Practice, Read, Preview and Recharge – to ensure students spend valuable time with content. Guide your teaching and remediation with SmartBook class and individual student performance data. Pick the topics, depth of coverage, and even the length of time students spend on an assignment. With the ReadAnywhere App, students can access their eBook and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments on their smartphone, on or off-line.
Deepening Connections to Inspire Successful Learning Environments
The highlighted sections in SmartBook are based on the data that we use today to help authors and subject matter experts see difficult topics based on existing student performance and data. As students Practice in SmartBook, the highlights will adjust to highlight the content that is most beneficial to them. During the Preview stage, students see a thumbnail view of the chapter providing them with an understanding of the basic organization of the material. what is smartbook This allows students to build a framework of the content they are about to learn, which helps to organize the content in their brain. The free ReadAnywhere app lets students access their required reading and assignments, anywhere, anytime, across devices – even offline. Connect is a highly reliable, easy-to-use homework and learning management solution that applies learning science and award-winning adaptive tools to improve student results.
- This is how SmartBook 2.0 limits guessing and short-term, rote memorization.
- All content on this website, including dictionary, thesaurus, literature, geography, and other reference data is for informational purposes only.
- Making it even easier for your students to fit studying into their lives.
- We have shared some examples of these tools in our demonstration, but to understand the full capabilities we invite you to explore SmartBook 2.0 on your own or ask for a demo from your local representative.
- The ReadAnywhere app gives you and your students the ability to download and read entire eBooks or specific chapters, take notes, make annotations and complete assignments, even when offline.
- Easily see class and student-level assignment data, metacognition levels, and even the most challenging concepts.
- Unless you have an amazing memory, reading alone usually won’t help you learn something.
It supports you by automating time-consuming prep work, simplifying the addition of instructors to any section, and surfacing more information with fewer clicks. Easily see class and student-level assignment data, metacognition levels, and even the most challenging concepts. Motivate and build student confidence with the power of learning science built within SmartBook.
Familiarizing Yourself with the Material.
With SmartBook 2.0, instructors can now assign readings down to the sub-topic level (rather than only to the topic level). This provides even greater control and alignment with their syllabus. The Practice stage of SmartBook functions just like LearnSmart. Based on what the student has read in the “Read” stage, SmartBook presents questions that will solidify his or her mastery of the content and identify areas that the student is struggling with. While everyone has their own way of studying and different strategies work better for some people, there is a universal resource that is often overlooked when trying to find help with studying… your textbook. This is how SmartBook 2.0 limits guessing and short-term, rote memorization.